Sunday, January 27, 2008

It doesn't snow in Ashikaga!

Hi again,

Diverting from re-living Osaka again, last week in Ashikaga an unexpected event occurred. Before I had come to Ashikaga, I was told that it would get pretty cold here but it doesn't normally snow. I have also been wanting to go to the snow and see how it is in Japan.

However, last Wednesday, the snow came to Ashikaga ... it wasn't all that unexpected as the weather forecast was predicting it (i don't really watch news mainly cuz I have no idea whats going on).

While in one of my ichi nen sei classes (first graders) the snow started falling outside and I rudely interrupted my teacher who was trying to teach at the time (I'll never be a teacher) and diverted all the kids attention as well.

It was quite cool actually, I don't think I've ever experienced proper snow fall. I've experienced blizzard type conditions but not this. So instead of going to the snow, the snow came to me.




This was a clip of the initial snow falling, the quality is sort of crap, so apologies, but you can make out the snow falling.


This was after about 2hrs of snowing. Its the same view as taken with the video. It looks blanketed at this point.

This is looking over my school to the tennis courts and field.




This is looking into the mountains


The snow was cool, but then riding home was torturous. Not only did I have to combat against the freezing temperatures but also avoid being smacked in the face but chunks of ice at this time. I just made it home alive!!!


Later kids

No comments: